When it comes to fencing, vinyl is one of the best options on the market. Vinyl looks great, it’s durable and it’s affordable. Just like any fence, though, vinyl gets dirty over time and will need to be cleaned up. Luckily, this is a chore you can do by yourself in under an hour. Keep reading to learn how to clean a vinyl fence in Santa Clarita, CA:
- Spray it with a hose: Your first step in cleaning any type of stain is to spray the fence down with a hose. A quick rinse might not totally remove the grime, but it will loosen it up a little bit to make the rest of the job easier. For any grime that won’t come loose, try hitting it with a high-pressure nozzle.
- Use a pressure washer: If your hose didn’t do enough to loosen the grime, you might want to try a pressure washer. Just be sure your pressure washer isn’t too powerful, as the jet stream might actually damage the fence.
- Use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser: Magic Erasers are an affordable and easy cleaning solution for indoor and outdoor projects. After spraying down your fence, use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to eliminate light dirt, dust or other small stains.
- Use a simple cleaning solution: If the Magic Eraser didn’t remove the stain, add a few drops of dish soap into a bucket of warm water. Wiping your fence with soap and water will get any grime out of the cracks and crevices without harming any nearby grass, plants or flowers.
- Bring out the bleach: Your next step, if the soap didn’t work, is to use a mixture of bleach and warm water to clean the fence. Wiping the fence down with a mixture of one part bleach to five parts water should get rid of pretty much any stain imaginable. Just be sure to wear gloves while cleaning with this bleach mixture.
- Buy a specialized cleaner: On the off chance that bleach doesn’t do the trick, you should pick up a specialized fence cleaner at the hardware store. Vinyl fence cleaners should be able to eliminate any stain. And, since they’re specially designed for use on vinyl, you can rest easy knowing that it won’t harm your fence.
Is it time for a new fence?
If you’ve followed all of our tips for how to clean a vinyl fence in Santa Clarita, CA and your fence still isn’t looking up to snuff, it might be time to invest in a new one. Though buying a new fence isn’t your cheapest option, it will look great for years and stay stain-free if you make a habit of spraying it down with a hose. Additionally, buying a new fence makes your whole property look better and can even improve its value.
Get your new fence from Vinyl Professionals, Inc.
Picking out a new fence online isn’t easy. Luckily, we’re here to help. Visit our showroom today to check out our variety of fencing options or for some more tips on how to clean a vinyl fence in Santa Clarita, CA.